Ms Navitha Sewpersadh
Building & Room: Commerce Building room 5
Navitha Singh Sewpersadh CA(SA) ACMA CGMA, is a double board certified chartered accountant (SAICA and CIMA) who also holds a Master’s degree in Accountancy. Navitha’s research can be found on her author page, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Navitha_Sewpersadh. Navitha also serves as a reviewer for accredited international journals namely, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science; Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies and African journal of business and economic research.
After holding various senior management positions in the public sector, Navitha moved to the private sector and worked for Mondi Ltd before finally pursuing an academic career in UKZN. She lectures advanced accounting in the postgraduate degree in Accountancy, which prepares students for a career in chartered accountancy. Navitha also lectures financial management in the postgraduate FBIM (Finance, Banking, Investment and Management) programme. She also supervises honours and masters students’ research. She also serves as a member on the SAICA disciplinary committee and on the UKZN teaching and learning committee.
- BComAcct: Honours
- MCom: Accountancy
- Saica Board exams 1 and 2
- CIMA Strategic board exams
- Corporate governance
- Capital markets
- Fourth industrial revolution
Recent Publications and Papers
- Sewpersadh, N. S. (2020). K-score categorisation of JSE listed sectors under the financial distress continuum theory: A quantitative approach. Cogent Economics & Finance. https://doi.org/10.1080/23322039.2020.1748969.
- Sewpersadh, N.S. (2019). Governing Board Attributes as Profitability Influencers under Endogeneity: An Econometric Analysis in South Africa, ACRN Journal of Finance and Risk Perspectives, Vol. 8, pp. 133-151. https://doi.org/10.35944/jofrp.2019.8.1.009.
- Sewpersadh, N.S. (2019). “An examination of CEO power with board vigilance as a catalyst for firm growth in South Africa”, Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 23 No. 4, pp. 377-395. https://doi.org/10.1108/MBE-10-2018-0083.
- Sewpersadh, N.S. (2019). A theoretical and econometric evaluation of corporate governance and capital structure in JSE-listed companies. Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, Vol. 19 No. 5, pp. 1063-1081. https://doi.org/10.1108/CG-08-2018-0272.
- Rajaram, R & Singh, A & Sewpersadh, N.S. (2018). Business rescue: Adapt or die. South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences (SAJEMS). https://doi.org/10.4102/sajems.v21i1.2164.