Mr Shagaran Rathnasamy
Building & Room: Commerce Building – 1st Floor
Lecturer and Module Coordinator for both Pietermaritzburg and Westville campuses for the first year Accounting 101 and 102 modules in the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance (SAEF) at University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). Some of his former positions include: Senior Lecturer and Module Coordinator in accounting at the University of Zululand, former Academic Development Officer at the UKZN and an Article Clerk whereby I qualified as a Chartered Accountant (SA). He holds a Master of Accounting (MACC) the UKZN.
His areas of interest are teaching and learning of accounting including tutoring and student support, Auditing and Managerial Accounting and Finance as well as Financial Planning relating to retirement funding. He has conducted research on Retirement Planning and the role of Financial Planners in his Masters’ studies.
- BCom – Accounting (UKZN)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (UNISA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Accounting (UNISA)
- Master in Accounting (UKZN
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa), CA(SA)Chartered Accountant
- Financial Planning
- Emigration Studies
Recent Publications and Papers
- Rathnasamy, S & Deodutt, J. 2020. Exploring Adequate Retirement Funding in South Africa: A KwaZulu-Natal Financial Planner’s View. The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Volume 6, Number 2 February 2020. Pages 154 – 157
- Rathnasamy, S & Deodutt, J. 2020. Do Demographic Subgroups and Education Levels of Financial Planners Create a Difference of Opinion when Developing a Retirement Plan in South Africa? The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Volume 6, Number 2 February 2020. Pages 173 – 176.