Mr Mahomed HY Razak
Telephone: 031 260 7381
Building & Room: J Block, 2nd Floor
Mahomed Razak is a senior lecturer specialising in the Financial Accounting Discipline in the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. He has until recently been the module coordinator and full-time presenter on the Advanced Accounting module for the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) for more than twenty years, including his service under the former University of Durban-Westville. He has also previously lectured on the Pietermaritzburg campus and on KZN’s Accounting Distance Learning Program.
As a Chartered Accountant (SA), his association with the university started on 1 March 1988 when he joined the former University of Durban-Westville as a lecturer in the financial accounting section of the then Department of Accounting. He has previously held the positions of Head of Accountancy Department, Accounting Section Head, PGDA Coordinator and Module Coordinator. He has conducted numerous seminars and produced various teaching and learning materials for the benefit of accounting students over the years.
He is currently the Acting Academic Leader for Financial Accounting at the School and the Programme Coordinator and a co-presenter on the Master of Accountancy Programme.
- BAcc (UDW)
- MAcc (UKZN)
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
- Fair Value Accounting
- Integrated Reporting
- IFRS and Corporate Reporting
Recent Publications and Papers
- Razak, M.H.Y., and Stainbank, L.J. (2018). Fair value accounting by listed South African companies in the non-financial sector. South African Journal of Accounting Research, 32(1), 1-24.
- Stainbank, L.J., Oakes, D and Razak, M. 2018. A Guide to International Financial Reporting, S & O Publishing, South Africa
- Stainbank, L.J., Oakes, D and Razak, M. 2018. Graded Questions in International Financial Reporting, S & O Publishing, South Africa (Electronic version)