Dr Surendran Pillay
Senior Lecturer and Coordinator of Accounting Programs
Telephone: 031 260 3156
Building & Room: J Block 2nd Floor
- BCom (Accounting) (Natal)
- BCom (Hons) (Accounting)(Natal)
- MCom (Taxation) (North West University)
- PhD (Taxation) (North West University)
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
- Integrated Reporting
- Carbon tax
- Sustainable development
- Corporate finance
- Income taxation
Recent Publications and Papers
- Pillay S. Ramnanun K and Rajaram R (2020)Ascertaining The Impact Of Post Commencement Finance On Business Rescue In Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. Journal of Social Sciences Research
- Pillay S, Obalade F (2020). Information content of sustainability reporting on performance on unlisted manufacturing firms in South Africa. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism volume 11, Issue 7(47)
- Pillay S, (2020). Determining the Optimal Arima Model for forecasting the share price index of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Journal of Management Information and Decision Sciences . Volume 23 Issue 5.
- Pillay S, Obalade F and Malima A (2020). Determining the impact of taxpayer perceptions on the rate of using electronicfiscal devices among small businesses in Tanzania. Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal. Volume 26 Issue No 4.
- Ramnanun, K., Pillay, S. and Rajaram, R., 2020. Evaluating sources and forms of post-commencement business rescue finance in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Volume 24 Issue No 6.