Dr Sanele Gumede
Building & Room: J Block room 331
Dr Sanele Gumede is an Economics lecturer at the University of KwaZulu-Natal at School of Accounting, Economics and Finance. He holds a PhD. His research interests are in Maritime Transport Economics, Regulatory Economics, Infrastructure Pricing, Industrial Structure and Regulation.
- BCom (UKZN)
- PGDip (Maritime Studies) (UKZN)
- MCOM (UKZN)
- PhD (UKZN)
- Maritime Transport Economics
- Regulatory Economics
- Infrastructure Pricing
- Industrial Structure and Regulation.
World Conference on Transportation Research Studies
- Gumede, S. and Chasomeris, M., (2018). Pricing strategy and tariff structure for a port authority: a case study of South Africa. Maritime Policy and Management: The flagship journal of international shipping and port research, Volume 45, Issue 6: pp. 756-769 DOI: 10.1080/03088839.2018.1446103.
- Gumede, S. and Chasomeris, M., (2017). A Critique of South Africa’s National Ports Authority’s Revenue Required Pricing Methodology. International Journal of Transport Economics, Volume XLIV, Issue 4; pp. 611-632.
- Gumede, S. and Chasomeris, M., (2015). Maritime Port Pricing and Governance in South Africa: Trends and Stakeholder Comments. Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences. Volume 8, Issue 1; pp. 47-62.
- Gumede, S. and Chasomeris, M., (2012). Port Governance in South Africa. Interdisciplinary Journal of Economics and Business Law. Volume 1, Issue 4; pp. 82-98; © 2012 CJEAS Ltd.
- Presented a paper, titled “Regulation of South Africa’s Ports: Dilemmas and Reforms”, in the peer reviewed track session of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME2017), Hosted at Kyoto, Japan; 27-30 of June 2017.
- Presented a paper, titled “Restructuring of South Africa’s Port Pricing Strategy”, in the peer reviewed track session of the World Conference on Transportation Research Studies (WCTR2016), Hosted at Tongji University, Shanghai, China; 10-15 July 2016.
- Presented a paper, titled “South Africa’s Port Pricing Methodology and Financing Investments,” at the Biennial Conference of the Economic Society of South Africa, University of Cape-Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 2-4 September 2015.
- Presented a paper, titled “Assessing Stakeholders’ Perspectives on Maritime Port Pricing in South Africa,” at the Biennial Conference of the Economic Society of South Africa, University of Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa, 25-27 September 2013.