|Telephone||+27 33 260 5794|
|Building & Room||Office 331, New Arts Building|
|Mr Peter Moores-Pitt|
Mr Peter Moores-Pitt is a Lecturer of Finance in the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance. He holds an Honours Degree in Economics from Rhodes University, a Masters Degree in Finance from UKZN and is currently completing his PhD in Finance. Peter’s research interests include macroeconomics, econometric time series analysis, financial market and investment analysis and environmental economics.
MCom Finance (UKZN)
BSc (Hons) Economics (Rhodes)
- Econometric time series analysis
- Financial market and investment analysis
- Environmental economics
- Moores-Pitt, P., Murray, M. and Strydom, B.S. (Under Review). Accounting for threshold effects and asymmetric adjustment between inflation and equity returns in South Africa.
- Moores-Pitt, P. (2018). Investigating temporal variation in the equity returns-inflation relationship in South Africa. African Journal of Business and Economic Research, Vol 13(1) pp: 51-79.
- Moores-Pitt, P. and Strydom, B.S. (2017). Equities as a hedge against inflation in South Africa. African Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 9(1) pp: 156-179.
- Moores-Pitt, P. (2017). Athens Institute of Education and Research: 15th annual conference on finance – “Investigating temporal variation in the equity returns-inflation relationship.” Athens, Greece.
- Moores-Pitt, P. and Strydom, B.S. (2017) University of KwaZulu-Natal: SAEF Research Conference – “Investigating temporal variation in the equity returns-inflation relationship in South Africa.” Durban, South Africa.