The purpose of the School is to contribute to the overall University vision, mission and strategy by training and developing professional and internationally recognized graduates and experts in the fields of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
To be the leading school internationally for the study of Accounting, Economics, Finance and related disciplines.
To provide an inclusive and collegial environment that sustains academic excellence.
UKZN aims to establish a value-driven organisational culture that empowers the Institution and its people to achieve institutional goals. The guiding values are Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Client Orientation, Honesty, and Trust – represented as R.E.A.C.H.T The behaviour and actions of everyone at UKZN will, accordingly, demonstrate:
- Respect: UKZN undertakes to promote mutual respect, courtesy, and inclusiveness.
- Excellence: UKZN undertakes to display quality, leadership and energy in all that it does.
- Accountability:UKZN promises to be responsible and accountable in the behaviour displayed towards all its stakeholders.
- Client Orientation: UKZN undertakes to satisfy the needs of all its clients, stakeholders and partners, on a consistent basis.
- Honesty: UKZN promises to deliver with integrity – steadfastly and with adherence to good governance.
- Trust: The ‘T’ symbol after reach refers to the principle of ‘trust’ that underpins all of the other institutional values. The implicit trust enjoyed by every member of UKZN and their well-defined actions that embrace the R.E.A.C.H.T values, are the important ingredients of the moral fibre of the Institution.